As a private, non-profit organization, our funding comes solely from grants, donations, and community contributions. While no donation amount is too small, here is a look at what a donation can buy:
- $50 can pay for the materials to needed to tutor a student for one year
- $100 can pay to send one of our tutors to higher-level training
- $150 can pay for basic training and materials for one of our volunteer tutors
- $200 can pay for one year of tutoring for one student, including goal setting and evaluations
- $500 can pay for a computer for use by multiple students and tutors
If you would like to make a financial contribution to the Cadillac Area Adult Literacy Council, click on the “Donate” button on the right side of the page. All donations are tax-deductible and greatly appreciated!
A number of materials go into helping a student improve his or her literacy skills. The ones we use most frequently are:
- Pens and pencils
- Note cards
If you would like to make a materials donation, please drop off your purchased goods at the front desk of he Cadillac Wexford Public Library with a designation that the materials are for the Adult Literacy Council.
Are you interested in being a part of our organization? If so, we are always looking for help in the form of:
- Committee Members
- Event Volunteers
For more information on each of these volunteer opportunities, please visit our Get Involved page.